CECL Implications for Planners & Procrastinators: Deadline January 1, 2023
StreamedAug 11, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you a CECL planner or procrastinator? With the initial, perceived complexity and a global pandemic intervening, many financial institutions put off CECL implementation.
But with a deadline of January 1, 2023, it’s time to move the process along! Join us to learn how to prepare the initial CECL calculations, so you’ll be able to analyze the expected impact on your organization.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Create a roadmap for starting CECL preparation for late adopters
- Use the provided resources for basic CECL implementation
- Know how financial institutions that have adopted CECL have been impacted
- Understand regulatory expectations for implementing CECL
- Discuss the impact of CECL adoption with your board
CECL was first introduced in 2016. It is a significant change to loan loss reserve calculations and initially was seen as an overly complex rule that would potentially have a substantial impact on many financial institutions. Originally scheduled for implementation in January 2020, the deadline is now January 1, 2023 – and further delays are unlikely.
This webinar will provide a simple roadmap for implementing CECL, including a review of available resources to get started. You’ll discover how CECL has impacted early adopters. You’ll also learn the regulators’ expectations for the implementation and use of CECL, including how regulators are preparing to examine for CECL compliance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for members of senior management that seek a high-level understanding of CECL today. It will also provide practical tips for staff responsible for managing CECL.
- List of CECL resources that have been reviewed for current, accurate, and usable content
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Very informative, yet clearly understandable by using frequent examples."
-Phillip, El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC