Consumer Accounts: Opening, Titling, Changing & Documentation
StreamedDec 15, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Account opening, titling, and documentation can involve BSA, CIP, CDD, SSNs, EINs, ITINs, and more. If you need a decoder to interpret how each of these affects consumer accounts, then this is the webinar for YOU!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify your accountholder using CIP
- Conduct a new account interview to satisfy purpose and source questions
- Ascertain the types of acceptable identification
- Differentiate between SSNs, EINs, and ITINs
- Manage single-party accounts, including CIP, CDD, and accountholder death
- Understand WROS and WOROS for multiple-party accounts
- Determine what to do when a party dies
- Add a party to an account
- Process address and status changes
- Open nonresident alien accounts and complete the W-8BEN
- Move forward with minor accounts, powers of attorney, and payable-on-death accounts
- Recognize who gets which consumer disclosure
This webinar will look at the regulatory issues that affect opening consumer accounts, particularly BSA issues. The Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) are the foundation of account opening. Join us to learn about IRS issues, state law concerns, disclosures, and rights at death. This program will provide a comprehensive guide to how to open and maintain consumer accounts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The expert insight provided in this webinar will benefit new account representatives, deposit operations staff, branch administration personnel, trainers, branch managers, service representatives, tellers, compliance officers, and others who open accounts.
- New accounts handbook
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC