NCUA's New Cyber Incident Reporting Requirements
StreamedApr 26, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The increased frequency and severity of cyber attacks pose an ever-evolving threat.
Technology and remote services are essential to maintaining member service, but such usage is also fueling the increased attacks by a variety of bad actors. NCUA has taken action by finalizing a new reporting requirement. Is your credit union prepared to comply?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define a reportable cyber incident
- Relate examples of reportable cyber incidents
- Anticipate the incident reporting process
- Understand the impact of third-party compromises
- Coordinate with state data breach laws
- Appreciate NCUA policy expectations
To meet evolving cyber risks, the NCUA has finalized a new rule regarding the reporting of significant cyber incidents. Credit unions are now required to report a cyber incident that disrupts their business operations, vital member services, or member information system within 72 hours. How do you know that an incident meets the requirements? What are the steps in the reporting process? How does the new requirement coordinate with existing obligations as well as new obligations posed by the Cyber Incident Reporting for Critical Infrastructure Act of 2022 (CIRCIA)? Join credit union attorney David Reed as he cuts through the technical jargon and regulatory speak to provide you with clear guidance and useful resources related to your new cybersecurity obligations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, directors, IT staff, compliance personnel, audit staff, and anyone involved with the cybersecurity process.
- Cybersecurity incident reporting checklist
- Examination guidance
- Cybersecurity glossary
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC