Telephone Consumer Protection Act Compliance
StreamedDec 20, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Imagine an efficient technology that allows communication with thousands of consumers.
Warnings, reminders, and opportunities could be delivered instantly and with an “open rate” dramatically higher than email. The only problem? Incorrect utilization can lead to litigation. This session will focus on the current state of TCPA compliance and the steps necessary to ensure automated reminder systems are in full compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Appreciate all aspects of TCPA coverage
- Maneuver through evolving FCC guidance
- Implement regulatory requirements
- Distinguish the different layers of required consent
- Avoid common compliance landmines
- Appreciate the opportunities of technology
- Create a total compliance TCPA program
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is not making it easy on financial institutions as they continue to be punished for the sins of others. The law itself is not new, but it has not aged well as technology and consumer behavior has stretched the competence of FCC logic to the breaking point. To make matters worse, courts across the country are coming up with substantially different interpretations of the law.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) regulates almost all aspects of outbound telephone use, including telemarketing calls, autodialed calls, prerecorded calls, and text messages, and it led to the National Do Not Call Registry. Consumer protection attorneys continue to file lawsuits against poorly prepared institutions and the CFPB receives continuous complaints. Your institution needs to create a system that collects, verifies, and effectively utilizes cell phone information. Then add different layers of consent based on the type of communication. Are you in compliance? Join financial services attorney David Reed as he cuts through the regulatory speak and offers a clear, compliant manner to use the best texting has to offer, while mitigating the compliance risk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, marketing managers, lending managers, call center managers, collection managers, compliance staff, internal auditors, collections staff, and anyone interested in maximizing your communication efforts.
- TCPA audit checklist
- Sample TCPA compliance program
- Regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"David presents what could be a dry topic with enthusiasm and holds your interest. His knowledge is evident in the answers he provides to live questions in real time."
- Kent, Wings Financial Credit Union
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC