Regulations Affecting Instant Payments
January 23, 2024
DateJan 23, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know the seven rules that affect instant payments?
Do you know how they control the instant payments system? Whether you originate or receive instant payments, this webinar will be beneficial. It will walk through various scenarios to determine the governing rule, law, or regulation, and how to apply it to instant payment processing challenges.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify and define the seven rules, laws, and regulations affecting instant payments
- Explain how each of the seven impact processing of the instant payment systems
- Choose the appropriate rule, law, or regulation as it applies to a given scenario
- Distinguish whether the FedNow Operating Procedures or the RTP Operating Procedures apply
Regardless of whether your institution plans to originate instant payments, receiving them is inevitable. And just like ACH payments, even if you only receive these transactions, you must play by the rules. Join this program to learn the regulatory impact of instant payments such as FedNow and RTP on your financial institution. It will cover Reg CC (both FedNow and RTP are covered as electronic payments), Regulation E and instant payment returns, OFAC guidance on instant payments, UCC 4A, Regulation J, RTP Operating Rules, the Federal Reserve Operating Circular 8, and more! Find out how these rules and regulations apply to instant payment processing for both originating and receiving financial institutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for payments operations staff, cash/treasury management personnel, audit/compliance staff, and those individuals with the AAP and/or APRP accreditation.
- Table of regulations affecting instant payments channels
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC