Beginning Security Officer: Dos, Don'ts & Compliance
January 17, 2023
DateJan 17, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Snap up this expert training for new security officers. Everyone has to start somewhere – even security officers.
They are foundational to the safety of each financial institution and training is essential to their success. This practical program will address the security officer’s role, best practices, regulatory compliance, physical security issues, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand lighting, landscaping, locations, and locks – the four Ls of security
- Determine the proper steps to take with cash recyclers and ITMs
- Explain to management the need for an annual risk assessment
- Use the proper steps to close and open branch offices
- Identify the records the credit union security officer or risk manager should keep
Designed for individuals who have little or no previous training in credit union security, this program will focus on Section 748 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, and Letter to Credit Unions #02-CU-12 to demonstrate the framework of what a credit union security program should contain. Although the regulations are very specific, they allow leeway for risk-management decision-making. This program will include industry standard practices and demonstrate (with pictures) how to comply. You will learn how to prepare and implement your security program for today’s world.
If you have been the security officer for less than three years or have been newly assigned, this is the webinar for you. If you have been the security officer for many years, this will be a great refresher on your position’s requirements. If your credit union hasn’t established the position of security officer and you perform the duties of Section 748 concerning robberies, burglaries, and larcenies, you won’t want to miss this program!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, compliance officers, and anyone who needs to understand the security function.
- ATM review checklist
- Night inspection form to help implement your physical security inspections
- Proper Employee Conduct During and After a Robbery form for training
- Risk Management Basics: Before, During, and After the Robbery
- Risk Management Basics: Robbery Styles
- Risk Management Basics: Physical Risk Assessments, Thinking Like the Robber
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC