BSA for Lenders
November 30, 2023
DateNov 30, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Over the last few years, lenders have been busier than ever – while still being expected to adhere to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements and ensure their policies and procedures protect their institutions from fraud.
Lenders are on the frontline of identifying suspicious activity and need annual training to stay current on what is fully expected of them.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand your responsibilities under the five pillars of BSA
- Identify red flags and report potentially suspicious activity
- Gather required CDD information, including beneficial ownership data
- Comply with OFAC screening responsibilities
- Determine how to respond to the latest lending-related BSA “hot buttons”
- Detail penalties for noncompliance
Lenders are often the first line of defense in identifying and reporting suspicious activity. Still, the transaction types and methods for originating a new loan are often very different from the types of transactions and account opening methods used for deposit accounts. Therefore, it’s crucial that lending staff receive tailored initial and annual training on BSA/AML requirements and fully understand what is expected during their day-to-day duties. This session will detail BSA/AML rule components, including red flags for mortgage and commercial loan fraud, CIP documentation, CDD rules (including documenting beneficial ownership), OFAC screening, CTR completion, and much more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations personnel, loan operations staff, electronic banking staff, BSA/AML officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample beneficial ownership form and calculator
- Sample due diligence form
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC