BSA Officer Part 3: BSA/AML Deep Dive for the New BSA Officer
May 3, 2023
DateMay 3, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Maintaining compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Act is foundational to any BSA officer’s job.
Tendrils of these two Acts are woven into nearly every component of a financial institution’s operations, including CIP, CDD, OFAC, CTRs, SARs, privacy, and more. Attending this three-part series will ensure new BSA officers have a well-rounded foundation and can see the forest for the trees.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Review the five pillars upon which your entire BSA program is built
- Incorporate the components of the AML Act into training and reporting processes
- Comply with currency transaction reporting rules
- Identify and report suspicious activity
- Understand best practices for documenting CIP and CDD compliance
- Use the information and tools provided to develop a comprehensive training and reporting program
BSA/AML officers are responsible for developing and administering a BSA program that provides adequate controls, monitoring processes, independent audits, and ongoing training of your institution’s staff and directors. Wrapping your arms around the many facets of the Act can seem like a daunting task. Where should you focus your time? What are the highest-risk areas? How do you even know what those areas are? When is your next exam? How did the last exam go? How can you communicate new rules and updated procedures to the staff and board? Where can you find out about new rules?
This session will help answer these questions and more. It will take a deep dive into the components of the BSA/AML rules, CIP documentation, CDD requirements, OFAC screening, CTR completion, maintaining information for the sale of monetary instruments and funds transfers, monitoring for and reporting suspicious activity, and much more! Tools and resources will be provided for managing your responsibilities and becoming a successful BSA/AML officer!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- BSA policy checklist
- Accountholder risk review
- SAR narrative checklist
- CTR checklist
- Beneficial ownership calculator
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC