Call Report Update & Avoiding Costly Mistakes
January 10, 2023
DateJan 10, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Learn all about the 2023 Call Report revisions before you begin preparing the next report.
Join this webinar to explore the impacts of CECL, the new risk-based capital rule, technical clarifications, and more. Ensure you are up to date with the changes to reporting forms and instructions – and know how to avoid common errors.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Evaluate the new accounting standards that impact call reporting
- Understand how to reflect the adoption of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) methodology
- Explain the most recent changes to the Call Report
- Distinguish between the different types of assets used to fund employee benefit plans
- Avoid costly mistakes and prevent audit/examination findings
The Call Report is continually changing in response to new accounting standards, rules, regulations, and NCUA’s Modernization Initiative. Many of the recent changes relate to the new risk-based capital (RBC) rule and disclosures designed to monitor the financial health and stability of credit unions. Examiners are consistently reporting Call Report errors as findings, regardless of materiality. This program will explore recent changes, the impact of CECL, and how to avoid common – yet costly – mistakes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for individuals involved in the Call Report data collection, preparation, and review process, with a focus on accounting, finance, and lending/collections.
- Links to NCUA’s Credit Union Online website, including updated Call Report forms, instructions, and recent changes
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC