Handling Consumer Complaints & Disputes Fairly & Accurately
StreamedJun 29, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This session is designed to guide you through the risks and opportunities presented by consumer complaints, and provide methods to improve your complaint management process.
Join veteran attorney David Reed as he cuts through the regulatory speak and shares hard-earned practical lessons about consumer complaints and their impact on the compliance function.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Design an appropriate consumer complaint process
- Integrate complaints into your compliance management system
- Differentiate significant complaint types
- Recognize high-risk complaints
- Draft an effective complaint response
- Conduct complaint root cause analysis
How often is a lender liability lawsuit or regulatory entanglement preceded by a consumer complaint? You may be surprised! It’s critical to understand the increasing importance of integrating a complaint management process into your compliance program. Analyzing and responding to complaints is an essential element of every compliance management system. The CFPB and other regulators have made it clear they will be taking a much more aggressive position on consumer complaints which involve a potential violation of law or regulation. Add to that the growing CFPB complaint database and there may be the beginning of a real compliance issue.
Gone are the days when the complaint was simply forwarded to the appropriate personnel and the matter was closed as long as the institution responded in a timely manner. Institutions can now expect a much more in-depth and independent investigation of the circumstances leading to the complaint. Many times, little provocation is needed to trigger lawsuits against unsuspecting institutions and increasing regulatory attention on your complaint resolution area may be more than enough to stir up trouble. Is your institution ready for the challenge?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The information in this session is designed for executives, directors, department managers, branch managers, compliance staff, audit staff, and anyone interested in the consumer complaint process.
- Sample compliance management policy
- Sample consumer complaint report
- Sample complaint log
- Regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Good information that will generate a lot of conversations since I am new to my position."
- Frances, Neighbors Federal Credit Union
"I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the workshop materials were a huge value add for this webinar. Additionally, the speaker's knowledge and expertise in compliance, credit unions, and potential obstacles was amazing. I would love to partake in another webinar with Mr. Reed."
- Indya, Associated Credit Union
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC