Completing the SAR Line-by-Line
StreamedNov 16, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
SARs are a mechanism to help detect all manner of criminal activity.
Therefore, accuracy and thoroughness are preeminent concerns. This detailed presentation will explain proper field completion, address the importance of the narrative, define the SAR-related parties, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use the User Guide information for proper form completion
- Define the various SAR-related parties – filing institution, branch location, subject, victim, and others
- Explain the proper use of the file attachment for supporting data/transactions
- Distinguish between required fields and other fields to be completed if the information is available
- Understand the importance of well-written SAR narrative
Whether you file one suspicious activity report (SAR) or hundreds of them, proper completion and timely submission are critically important to the protection of the US (and global) financial system from the abuses of financial crime, including money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illicit financial transactions. SAR reports provide crucial information about persons and activities to law enforcement, agencies, and analysts that pursue criminal, tax, and regulatory investigations, and provide useful evidence for prosecuting money laundering and other financial crimes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to BSA officers and departments, compliance officers, fraud and risk managers, auditors, and other employees who contribute to completing SARs, such as branch managers and wire, EFT, or plastic card departments.
- User guide summary
- SAR narrative guidance
- FinCEN filing note listing
- Employee training quiz
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC