Debit Card Payment Fundamentals
StreamedAug 24, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This introductory-level session will enhance your understanding of debit card payments and adjust your mindset about your everyday work.
This interesting webinar will take a new look at the fundamentals and the numerous details that cardholders just presume will go right – every time!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between single-message and dual-message transactions
- Understand the role of key players
- Analyze your debit card revenue by brand and transaction type
- Compare your debit card data to industry norms
- Evaluate the pros and cons of the consumer payment options available today
Operations professionals processor, network, issuer, acquirer, and PAN are among the multitude of terms and acronyms used in the card payments industry. Who, or what, are they? What role does each organization play in the payment system? To a consumer, a card transaction simply works — and very quickly! But how? This webinar will pull back the curtain and look at the entities involved in a transaction, explain the critical part each one plays, and examine the many payment options that exist today.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This entry-level webinar is designed for people who manage the day-to-day operations for debit card issuers. It’s also ideal for anyone who wants an in-depth view into the billions of transactions consumers take for granted when using their cards.
- Sample spreadsheet to easily track debit card revenue and expenses
- List of industry resources to help you stay up to date
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Speaker was very knowledgeable and informative. I learned more than I expected to!"
- Kelsey, Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union
"Speaker was super knowledgeable and explained the information in a concise, easy to follow format."
- Mary, State Employees' Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC