Collateral Analysis: Evaluation, Weaknesses & Monitoring Value
April 27, 2023
DateApr 27, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Collateral analysis can be complicated.
Every lender hopes that it never comes down to dealing with the collateral – but things don’t always work out as planned. If the cash flow becomes a trickle, you may have to get down to brass tacks. Hopefully the collateral analysis that was performed stands strong. Learn how to deal with all aspects of this complex, yet important, analysis.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Accurately assess and monitor the value of collateral
- Explain what can impact the value of collateral
- Understand the key items in an appraisal when analyzing the value as collateral
- Comprehend the challenges in taking possession of collateral
The most frightening thing a lender can say is, “I’m not worried, we’ve got plenty of collateral.” Do you know how to appropriately analyze collateral coverage? This includes looking for the right elements in an appraisal (outside the mandated appraisal review), considerations for various types of collateral, and how to best monitor those values – including marketable securities, accounts receivable, inventory and equipment, and real estate.
This presentation will take a risk-based approach to collateral analysis, adjusting the depth of the analysis to match the strength of the borrower. Collateral only comes into play if cash flow fails. Analysis must be focused on collateral as a secondary or tertiary source of repayment and not as a crutch for poor business results (or poor underwriting).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, credit analysts, credit department managers, senior loan officers, senior credit officers, loan review personnel, branch managers serving commercial borrowers, chief risk officers, and auditors.
- Collateral analysis worksheet
- Collateral monitoring guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC