TDR Comeback: Qualification Under CECL & End of CARES Act
StreamedFeb 23, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you up to speed on TDRs?
After a reprieve of regulatory relief, TDRs will be making a comeback. Are you prepared? What effect does CECL have? Do you know the deadlines? Join this informative webinar to get on top of the current status of TDRs and what’s on the horizon.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the new TDR evaluation process
- Identify borrower circumstances that could indicate financial difficulty
- Distinguish between an insignificant payment delay and a direct change in contractual cash flows
- Recognize the different accounting treatment under CECL
- Understand the new TDR tracking and disclosure requirements
- Implement best practice recommendations
There was a reprieve from troubled debt restructurings (TDRs) during the COVID-19 pandemic due to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and interagency guidance that allowed financial institutions to exclude certain loan modifications from TDR reporting. However, Section 4013 of the CARES Act ended on January 1, 2022, and the revised interagency guidance only allows for temporary modifications (not more than six months) for borrowers affected by COVID-19.
TDRs will be making a comeback with the end of regulatory relief and another recession looming on the horizon. In addition, TDR accounting and disclosures will be changing with the adoption of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) methodology. This session will guide you through the process of identifying TDRs, calculating expected reserves, compiling financial disclosures, and implementing best-practice recommendations along the way. Bring your questions!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lending and collections personnel, loan modification staff, and those responsible for loan modification accounting and reporting.
- Website links to regulatory and accounting guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Wonderful webinar! Very in-depth review of new regulations. TDRs and modification guidance is a must and this is a great webinar to start."
- Andrew, Members Coop Credit Union
"Stephen J.M. Schiltz does a superb job presenting accounting information relevant for credit unions, their operations, and their audits. He uses great examples to illustrate topics and always relates financial topics back to the call reporting requirements."
- Dawn, Texas Trust Credit Union
"I am the CFO of our credit union and was interested in the CECL and reporting portion of the webinar, but I also found all of it to be very informative and presented in a way that even a person who has never been a part of the lending side could understand."
- Mary, Texas Plains Federal Credit Union
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC