Lending on Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Projects
StreamedFeb 14, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Community involvement is at the heart of the credit union movement.
Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects are a great way to support your local community as well as grow your earning assets. This session will clearly show you how to participate in these worthwhile programs.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain how the LIHTC program works
- Understand the lending rules under the LIHTC program
- Distinguish between the 9% and the 4% tax credits
- Explain how to use the federal tax credits as equity in the project
- Define the special loan documents that are required for a LIHTC project
Listen to a clip from this webinar!
Credit unions are interested in becoming involved with multi-family affordable housing projects. The most well-known program is the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, where federal tax credits provide the necessary equity capital to make the multi-family affordable housing project financially feasible. Credit unions can act as the construction lender or the tax credit bridge lender. This webinar will explain the LIHTC program from a lender’s perspective and how it can assist an affordable housing project in satisfying your credit union’s underwriting standards.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance personnel, managers, auditors, and others that deal with affordable housing and tax credit loans.
- Loan closing checklist for LIHTC projects
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC