Liability with ACH Death Notification Entries (DNEs) & Reclamations
StreamedMay 9, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Did you know there was a recent revision to the Green Book that altered how to respond to Notices of Reclamation?
Do you know how to comply? And what about liability with Death Notification Entries? Do you know how to avoid it? Further, are you aware of the new mandate to use pay.gov? Join us to gain professional insight on these issues and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Recognize which federal payments are subject to reclamation
- Understand your financial institution’s liability for a Notice of Reclamation
- Use the new pay.gov portal to respond to a Notice of Reclamation
- Explain what to do when a reclamation has an error
- Distinguish between actual and constructive knowledge of death
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
Did you know that the Green Book (the federal government’s procedure manual for handling all government payments) just went through a revision that changes the way financial institutions respond to Notices of Reclamation? This revision mandates the use of the pay.gov portal to send payments to the government in response to a Notice of Reclamation. In addition, improper handling of Death Notification Entries (DNEs) and government reclamations can expose financial institutions to potentially significant losses. This session will cover the proper procedures for handling DNEs and ACH government reclamations, including information on accessing pay.gov, to ensure you understand these new requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for ACH operations personnel, audit and compliance staff, and AAP/APRP candidates.
- Newly updated government payments quick reference cards
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I enjoyed this course, as I learned a lot within an hour and a half. Took the quiz and got a 100!"
- Tiffanie, Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union
"The presenter was very knowledgeable while providing clarity and keeping the information moving while keeping the audience engaged with her unique interactions with Q&As."
- Lisa, Hiway Federal Credit Union
"Love Michele's webinars! She explains everything so that it's so easy to understand."
- Jennifer, Cornerstone Community Federal Credit Union
"This was a great overview on both ACH DNES and Reclamations."
- Terri, Marine Federal Credit Union
Michele L. Barlow
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC