Merger Considerations Under the New Merger Rules: Who Gets What & When
StreamedSep 22, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
It seems like if you blink twice there’s been another credit union merger.
Mergers and membership are both on the rise. In response, the NCUA recently issued new merger rules that include new model forms and additional disclosures. It’s critical for the board and senior management to understand the potential ramifications – both positive and negative – and regulatory landscape. Learn more about the new requirements and merger opportunities and tripwires.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Effectively identify merger candidates
- Develop a pre-merger due diligence plan
- Create unique merger proposals
- Navigate the merger regulatory roadmap
- Draft the required member disclosures
- Distinguish federal/state charter merger requirements
- Recognize merger agreement landmines and opportunities
- Appreciate post-merger integration and culture management
Ironically, the credit union industry is gaining more members with fewer institutions than ever before! Few days pass without news of another credit union merger. Recent statistics show that mergers have become a strategic tool used by both credit unions and regulators. Some credit unions employ mergers as a strategic growth opportunity, others merge to survive by enhancing economies of scale, and others are “urged to merge” by anxious regulators. Whatever the reason, mergers are an essential element of credit union life and have become a common occurrence in today’s complex financial reality.
New NCUA merger rules have changed the regulatory landscape and your credit union needs to be aware of the additional disclosure requirements and new model forms. From the chief executive to volunteers, it is critical that everyone understands the potential, problems, and pitfalls of the merger process to navigate the current uncharted waters. Every step of the process is heavily regulated, and any mistakes will cost time and money and potentially sink the merger. This webinar will explore the positive potential, practical considerations, and technical elements of the merger process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, executives, senior management, compliance personnel, business development staff, marketing staff, and anyone involved in the merger process.
- Pre- and post-merger checklists
- Sample merger timeline
- Regulatory guidance
- Merger FAQs
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC