Reg E Requirements for Debit Card Error Resolution
StreamedDec 8, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Complying with Regulation E for debit card error resolution can be tricky.
While it doesn’t always seem “fair,” it’s crucial to follow the specific timeframes and requirements of the investigative process. Learn how to resolve errors quickly, compliantly, and confidently.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand financial institution liability
- Calculate the cardholder’s potential liability
- Explain what is and what is not an error
- Distinguish which errors are eligible for chargebacks
- Comply with the requirements for provisional credit and necessary communications
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
Regulation E protects consumers who use debit cards. This session will define and explain the types of card transactions covered by Regulation E and the related requirements. Take this opportunity to learn how an error is defined under Reg E; explore timing requirements for investigation and resolution of unauthorized debit card transactions; and discover how to minimize financial losses and maximize accountholder satisfaction. This program will ensure you are correctly interpreting Reg E.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for card personnel, operations staff, branch personnel, compliance officers, and AAP candidates
- Regulation E flowchart
- Error resolution log
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Speaker was very knowledgeable and punctual. Took time to review questions. Engaged with chat questions. Gave real life examples."
- Joseph, CCCU
"The speaker was very entertaining along with being very informative. She was able to bring many things to light that we need to work on."
- Billie Anne, Peoples Federal Credit Union
"Reg E is one of those regulations that always feels elusive. This webinar really helped me to have a thorough understanding of the regulation and the confidence to answer any questions about it that I may encounter."
- Kelsie, League of Southeastern Credit Unions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC