Strategic Planning for Credit Unions
StreamedAug 21, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Don’t be intimidated by strategic planning.
Attend this program to gain tools and ideas to identify and implement four key growth strategies and integrate your ERM and talent management programs into your strategic plan. Now is the time to ensure it gets implemented and doesn’t sit on the shelf.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Clarify your vision, mission, and core values
- Learn the importance of a clearly defined strategic plan structure
- Identify key components common to successful strategies
- Understand the role of enterprise risk management (ERM) and mitigation in a strategic plan
- Identify and implement four key growth strategies
- Establish best practices with board governance
- Develop and manage the strategic planning and implementation process
- Conduct a strategic risk assessment for new initiatives
Check out this podcast with Marcia Malzahn of Malzahn Strategic as she answers questions about strategic planning:
Your credit union is unique, so your strategic plan should be unique as well. The environment for community financial institutions has changed drastically in the past five years – especially in the aftermath of the pandemic, new and emerging technologies, evolving consumer preferences, market shifts, and the recent bank failures. Therefore, your strategic plan must be a fluid document. In addition, the industry is impacted by many other forces, challenges, and new competitors. Uncertainty is leading the way, which may also present more opportunities than ever before. These drivers highlight the need for every financial institution to design a living, breathing strategic plan to thrive and grow.
Whether your institution lacks a cohesive strategy, or just wants to review existing plan(s), this webinar will address questions including:
- What is your vision for the future of your credit union?
- Do your employees know your vision, and can they articulate it?
- Does your culture and brand (everything from your electronic signature on your emails to the look of your lobby) reflect the vision of where you want to take your institution?
- Do you know the risks that are unique to your credit union?
- Do you have the right people in the right places to fulfill your credit union’s vision?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for the board of directors, leadership team, supervisors with planning responsibilities, and everyone involved in the strategic planning process.
- Sample of an ideal organizational chart for credit unions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker covered a lot of good information that we do not think about on a daily basis."
- Mary, Edisto FCU
- Mary, Edisto FCU
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC