The Beginning Security Officer
January 30, 2024
DateJan 30, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Seize the opportunity for this expert training for new security officers.
Everyone has to start somewhere – even security officers. They are foundational to the safety of each financial institution and training is essential to their success. This practical program will address the security officer’s role, best practices, regulatory compliance, physical security issues, and more.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand lighting, landscaping, locations, and locks – the four Ls of security
- Know the proper steps to take with cash recyclers and ITMs
- Explain to management the need for an annual risk assessment
- Properly open or close branch offices
- Understand the records that the security officer or risk manager should keep
If you have been the security officer for less than three years or have been newly assigned, this is the webinar for you. If you have been the security officer for many years, this will be a great refresher on your position’s requirements. This program will focus on Section 748 of NCUA’s Rules and Regulations, and Letter to Credit Unions #02-CU-12 to demonstrate the framework of what a credit union security program should contain. Although the regulations are very specific, they allow leeway for risk-management decision-making.
This program will include industry standard practices and demonstrate (with pictures) how to comply. If your credit union hasn’t established the position of security officer and you perform the duties of Section 748 concerning robberies, burglaries, and larcenies, you won’t want to miss this program! Learn how to prepare and implement your security program for today’s world.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, compliance officers, and anyone who needs to understand the security function.
- ATM review checklist
- Night inspection form to help implement your physical security inspections
- Proper Employee Conduct During and After a Robbery form for your training program
- Risk Management Basics: Before, During & After the Robbery
- Risk Management Basics: Robbery Styles
- Risk Management Basics: Physical Risk Assessments, Thinking Like the Robber
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC