Understanding Your Credit Union’s Audit Report
June 7, 2022
DateJun 7, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Your credit union’s financial audit can be a powerful tool – if you know what all those numbers mean.
Rather than spend hours poring over every nuance, wouldn't it be better to have an efficient strategy for audit review to glean the most important information and be able to implement required – or desired – changes? This no-nonsense webinar is a step in the right direction!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand audit basics – from internal to external and beyond
- Appreciate elements of an audit report
- Interpret significant audit findings
- Use audit findings more effectively
- Avoid common audit mistakes
Credit unions operate in a highly technical environment, and the complexity of their financial reporting cannot be overstated. Audit reports provide management, boards, and supervisory committees with key decision-making information. Auditing is the process of examining an organization’s financial records to determine if they are accurate and in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations, and laws. While the primary information originates from the management team, audits conducted by outside providers are essential for confirmation that things are as they should be.
But what use is a great audit if you don’t know how to interpret its results and implement its recommendations? Join credit union attorney and supervisory committee member, David Reed, as he breaks down the audit process and provides technical requirements and practical guidance on interpreting audit results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, directors, supervisory committee members, managers, compliance staff, internal auditors, and anyone who reviews internal or external audits.
- Audit review checklist
- Sample audit findings tracking worksheet
- NCUA audit guidance
- Regulatory examination questionnaire on supervisory committee audits
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC