2023 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2024: Updates, Top Issues & Real-Life Examples
January 25, 2024
DateJan 25, 2024Duration60 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
HMDA reporting got you down?
Then take advantage of the detailed, expert insight in this timely webinar. You’ve got a deadline to meet and whatever you report will be subject to the public’s (and regulators’) probative scrutiny. Learn how to get it right the first time!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Submit the 2023 data with added confidence and improved data integrity
- Effectively use the HMDA resources found in the CFPB’s 2023 FIG (Filing Instructions Guide)
- Define several confusing issues such as what is a dwelling, mixed-use property scenarios, and complex demographic information collection
- Explain how to handle quality edits
- Understand clarifications for complicated data points
HMDA reporting continues to be a challenge for many financial institutions. Most importantly, this public data can be scrutinized for potential discriminatory practices that may tarnish your financial institution’s reputation. Join this fast-paced webinar to learn about the top 10 issues for HMDA reporters and receive valuable tools for submitting your 2023 HMDA data by the March 1, 2024, deadline. The presentation will include citations, tips, and real-life examples. You will learn important information about issues that frequently cause reporting errors, including:
- Secondary market reporting rules
- Dwelling definitions and mixed-use property scenarios
- Demographic information collection tips
- Reporting tips for applications made in the commercial loan area
- Data integrity challenges; submission and resubmission steps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all staff who need to understand and manage HMDA reporting, including loan operations personnel, loan officers, loan assistants, processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
- HMDA worksheets and flow chart for 2023 activity, including updated resources from the CFPB
- List of data fields for each data point
- Helpful HMDA compliance resources, including checklists for submission and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC