A Cryptocurrency Primer for Credit Unions: Guidance, Risks & Red Flags
StreamedAug 29, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
This primer on cryptocurrency will identify issues that your institution should be ready to address as accountholders’ activities expand.
This fact-filled webinar will unpack guidance, risks, and red flags.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand how payment for goods and services has evolved
- Define common crypto-related terms
- Identify key players and roles within the cryptocurrency industry
- Explain how virtual currency is acquired
- Recognize common cryptocurrency scams
- Use agency-issued guidance to develop policies and procedures
- Manage risks when paying with cryptocurrency
- Discuss recent cryptocurrency fraud cases
- Detect virtual currency red flags defined by FinCEN and FATF
Cryptocurrency activities are becoming a widely accepted payment method and investment tool. Does your institution understand basic industry terms, definitions, roles, and risks? Can your employees identify possible cryptocurrency red flags? Have your policies and procedures been updated to reflect this medium of exchange and agency-issued guidance? This webinar will explain common cryptocurrency industry terminology, expound on various roles within the industry, identify potential red flags and risks, and address ways accountholders can acquire and sell cryptocurrency.
As this type of currency continues to evolve, the financial industry is starting to enter this payment world by offering cryptocurrency safekeeping and custodial services. While your institution may not be ready to enter the market at this level, are you prepared to underwrite a loan in which your applicant is receiving cryptocurrency payments or have assets that are predominately held in cryptocurrency? Join us to learn the current regulatory guidance and expectations, as well as lessons learned from recently identified fraud cases.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, BSA officers, trainers, and all staff that desire to expand their cryptocurrency knowledge.
- Crypto lingo definitions
- Virtual assets red flag indicators of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Cryptocurrency resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC