New Proposed Regulatory Policy on CRE Loan Accommodations & Workouts
StreamedOct 20, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know about the proposed update to the Interagency Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations and Workouts?
What is in the statement? How will the proposed changes affect CRE loan workouts? Should institutions be preparing now? If so, how? Get answers to these and many other questions during this timely session.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the changes proposed by regulators and how to implement them
- Employ the key principles of prudent CRE loan accommodations and workouts
- Explain what constitutes a troubled debt restructuring for reporting purposes
- Take the proper steps to avoid criticism from your regulators even if your CRE loans are adversely classified
- Protect your institution from potential liability to commercial borrowers
On August 2, 2022, the FDIC, OCC, and NCUA proposed changes and updates to the existing Interagency Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations and Workouts.
The COVID pandemic led to financial distress across several CRE property types, especially the hospitality, office, retail, and entertainment industries. In addition, rising interest rates, inflationary pressures, and labor challenges could adversely affect the financial condition and repayment capacity of commercial borrowers in various other industries. This new proposed policy statement reaffirms certain key principles which require financial institutions to work prudently and constructively with creditworthy borrowers during times of financial stress, and it adds new provisions on short-term loan accommodations, changes in the accounting rules for reporting and estimating loan losses, and new helpful examples of CRE loan workouts. This webinar will explain all of the proposed changes and updates and how your institution can prepare for the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for personnel involved in the commercial real estate loan workout and collection process, such as loan officers, workout officers, loan operations personnel, collectors, attorneys, auditors, compliance officers, and managers.
- Copy of the proposed Interagency Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations and Workouts
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC