Beneficial Ownership Final Rule: Details & Deadlines
StreamedJan 18, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know where FinCEN, CTA, and BOI intersect?
Do you know the ins and outs of FinCEN’s beneficial ownership rules changes? This webinar will explain how the reporting provisions will further combat illicit use of the U.S. financial system. Learn the specific beneficial ownership reporting deadlines and details with this in-depth program.
- Who is a reporting company?
- What are the exemptions from reporting?
- Detailed analysis of what a substantial owner is and who is a 25% owner
- Two types of company applicants
- Four pieces of information that must be provided
- How the FinCEN identifier will be issued
- Timing and the next steps for implementation
On September 29, 2022, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued a final rule implementing the bipartisan Corporate Transparency Act’s (CTA) beneficial ownership information (BOI) reporting provisions. The rule enhances the ability of FinCEN and other agencies to protect U.S. national security and the U.S. financial system from illicit use. It provides essential information to national security, intelligence, and law enforcement agencies; state, local, and tribal officials; and financial institutions to help prevent drug traffickers, fraudsters, corrupt actors (such as oligarchs), and proliferators from laundering or hiding money and other assets in the United States.
The rule describes who must file a BOI report, what information must be reported, and when a report is due. Specifically, the rule requires reporting companies to file reports with FinCEN that identify two categories of individuals: (1) the beneficial owners of the entity; and (2) the company applicants of the entity. This comprehensive webinar will cover all the particulars.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This detailed session will benefit BSA officers, BSA staff, trainers, compliance staff, and operations personnel.
- Beneficial Ownership Final Rule Manual, volume 1
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker was extremely knowledgeable on this topic, she was very easy to understand and follow. I am looking forward to receiving more information as this rule change comes into effect.
- Theresa, Hometown Credit Union
"The speaker was very open about the status of the changes and what to possibly expect later on in the year as things are finalized and rolled out. There was a lot of take away information to read on my own time, and I had a lot of questions going into the webinar. She addressed all my questions as well as those of other participants. She seemed knowledgeable in what she was talking about and highlighted the changes in regulations and why they were changing."
- Misty, Interra Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC