Commercial Loans: Workouts, Restructuring & Reducing Loan Losses
StreamedMar 1, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Between the pandemic and the economy, many commercial borrowers are feeling the pinch.
Not only is it in your institution’s best interest to work with these troubled borrowers, regulators like it when you do. Join this webinar to learn more about the available options for each borrower’s situation.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Utilize the proper workout and restructuring techniques when dealing with troubled loans in various industries
- Understand the key principles of prudent commercial real estate loan accommodations and workouts
- Evaluate the alternatives in each situation – deferral, workout, forbearance, receivership, deed in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossession of personal property, and foreclosure on real property
- Use the proper steps to accomplish each of these alternatives
- Protect your institution from potential liability to your commercial borrowers
Recent economic conditions and the continuing effects of the COVID pandemic have adversely affected the financial condition and repayment capacity of many commercial borrowers in various industries. Regulators encourage financial institutions to work prudently and constructively with creditworthy borrowers during these times of financial stress.
This webinar will explain the alternatives your institution should consider when dealing with troubled loans, including deferrals, workouts, forbearances, receiverships, deeds in lieu, marshalling of assets, repossessions of personal property, and foreclosures on real property collateral. By understanding the proper steps for each scenario, you will be able to properly evaluate the best alternative. This webinar also will review the recent proposed updates to the Interagency Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations and Workouts. This session will cover both personal property and real property collateral.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff involved in the real estate and non-real estate loan collection process, such as loan officers, workout officers, loan operations personnel, collectors, attorneys, auditors, compliance officers, and managers.
- Checklist of proactive steps to use for troubled borrowers
- Copy of the proposed Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations and Workouts
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC