Critical Timing Requirements in the Mortgage Loan Origination Process
January 11, 2024
DateJan 11, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
With mortgage loan origination, timing is everything!
Do you know how long the window is open to fulfill your compliance obligations? Are you certain you know what the compliance requirements are? A sequentially dated mortgage loan file is a must-know for all mortgage lenders and processors, especially in preparation for the next examination or compliance review. Clear the confusing cobwebs with this insightful webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish between a preapproval and an application
- Ensure electronic delivery of written notices satisfies the E-SIGN Act requirements
- Explain when to use business days versus calendar days to meet compliance requirements
- Identify triggering events that determine when compliance notices are required
- Recognize the importance of documenting valid change in circumstances
- Understand critical regulatory compliance timing requirements, including delivery of the Loan Estimate right-of-rescission notice
A consumer real estate loan is impacted by more regulatory requirements than many other products and services. Meeting critical timing requirements for the numerous disclosures and required actions is essential during the mortgage loan origination process. Have you ever second guessed whether the disclosure’s delivery date was based upon business days or calendar days? Does Saturday count? Is today day one or is tomorrow day one? In some cases, disclosures can only be provided so far in advance of a triggering event, while others require a different version to be delivered so many days after an event.
Assembling a compliant loan file can be quite confusing, but the process is dependent upon understanding the numerous timing requirements that go beyond those required by TRID. This webinar will dig into the critical loan compliance timing constraints related to the delivery and receipt of mortgage loan documents during the origination process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, loan processors, and staff responsible for auditing and reviewing loan files, including loan review personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Regulatory application triggers
- Mortgage loan flow chart
- Sample changed circumstance form
- Flood insurance calculation worksheet
- Sample mortgage loan checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC