TRID Breakdown Part 1: Loan Estimate for Fixed-Purchase, Variable-Refinance & Construction-Perm
October 5, 2023
DateOct 5, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you know the regulatory violation most often cited during compliance exams?
Hint: it involves Reg Z, and the mistakes usually contain a TRID component. Attend this two-part series to learn how to avoid those errors and comply with the regulations – before your next exam.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify loans covered by TRID rules
- Determine when you have an application under the rules
- Distinguish the different meaning of “purpose” under TRID, HMDA, and URLA
- Detail disclosure requirements for pre-qualifications and pre-approvals
- Meet the timing and delivery requirements for the Loan Estimate
- Explain when a revised Loan Estimate is necessary
- Understand requirements for single-close and separate construction and permanent-phase closings for construction loans
- Test your projected payment amounts and other calculations for accuracy
Issues with Reg Z are the number one cited violation during regulatory compliance exams – and many of the errors involve TRID. The examiners are digging deeper into disclosures and processes to ensure accurate documents are being provided to applicants. What issues are the examiners finding and how can you avoid similar errors?
Part 1 of this two-part series will review sample Loan Estimates for fixed-rate, variable-rate, and construction loans. Throughout the webinar, the presenter will discuss regulatory requirements, dive into the guidance, and reveal common Loan Estimate errors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, loan operations personnel, compliance officers, and internal auditors.
- Sample changed circumstances form
- TRID tolerance chart
- Formulas to test TRID calculations
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC