20 Common Mistakes in Consumer Collection
October 10, 2023
DateOct 10, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Do you get complaints about your collections department?
Has your financial institution been subject to an enforcement action? If so, you are not alone. Join this highly informative webinar and learn how to avoid 20 common mistakes in consumer collection. You’ll be glad you did!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine the most common mistakes creditors make in the collection process and how to correct them
- Understand what the CFPB believes are some of the biggest problems in consumer collection
- Distinguish between permissible and non-permissible collection activities
- Explain what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice in the collection of consumer debts
- Use the proper collection activities for each situation
Consumer debt collection practices are the major reason for complaints, lawsuits, and enforcement actions against financial institutions. There are numerous debt collection laws and regulations – and numerous opportunities for errors. Borrowers, their attorneys, and regulators are monitoring closely, therefore it is important to understand and implement proper practices to avoid liability. Learn 20 of the most common consumer collection mistakes and how to avoid them.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit consumer loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, collection personnel, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
- CFPB’s Debt Collection Rule Small Entity Compliance Guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Spencer Fane LLP
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC