Diversity Self-Assessment: Regulatory Guidance & Best Practices
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The proven benefits of actively addressing diversity in the workplace cannot be ignored.
- Understand the meaning of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Review regulatory guidance regarding DEI
- Appreciate the potential benefits of an integrated DEI program
- Walk through the new NCUA diversity self-assessment
- Analyze ways to create useful DEI benchmarks for your financial institution
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are not just modern buzz words for fairness. Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Act required the regulatory agencies to establish an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) and instructed the OMWI director at each agency to develop standards for assessing the diversity policies and practices of the institutions they regulate. Although not mandated, the issue of diversity has garnered attention at the highest levels. (The FDIC has already issued guidance on bank supplier diversity.
Most institutions would say they are more than adequately diverse – and most would be wrong. Do you think your staff and executive team accurately reflect the demographics of your community? How do you know? The updated voluntary diversity self-assessment is a great first step in determining your institution’s diversity position. Learn the basics of DEI as a corporate best practice and how to use the NCUA self-assessment tool to understand your current position and strategize achieving true diversity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, senior executives, managers, human resources staff, business development personnel, and anyone involved with governance.
- Sample diversity, equity, and inclusion policy
- Standards for assessing diversity policies and practices
- Regulatory guidance
- NCUA self-assessment tool
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.