Escrow Excellence: From Loan Estimate to Annual Analysis
StreamedMar 8, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The road to escrow excellence is long and winding.
Multiple regulations are involved, as well as various disclosures, calculations, statements, and examiner hot spots. This program will provide the road map, tips, and tools you need to skillfully navigate every bend in the road from loan estimate to annual analysis. Up your escrow game with this detailed, vital information.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Properly disclose escrow items on the LE and CD using TRID rules
- Generate an accurate initial escrow account statement
- Understand the differences between single-item and aggregate analysis
- Determine whether the cushion limits comply with either the contractual or regulatory requirements
- Resolve shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies resulting from escrow analysis
- Perform system testing to ensure software systems accurately conduct escrow account analysis
- Identify escrow requirements under RESPA, TILA, and the Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Review escrow statements for required content
- Test for examiner-identified escrow accounting rule issues
Escrow accounting and disclosure rules are complex and addressed by multiple regulations, including RESPA, Regulation Z, and the Flood Disaster Protection Act. This session will provide the tools needed to nail down the numerous accounting and disclosure requirements.
The escrow discussion includes properly disclosing taxes, insurance, and other items on the required TRID documents; how to generate the initial escrow account statement; and numerous components of managing the escrow account after origination. This webinar will explain the escrow analysis process, including how to resolve shortages, surpluses, and deficiencies. It will also review examiner-identified escrow rule violations to ensure these weaknesses don’t exist in your processes. Dive into escrow compliance with this session that will contain the checklists and tools needed to ensure your institution has mastered the regulatory requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, and lending personnel that create, calculate, disclose, and analyze mortgage escrow.
- Escrow calculation examples
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Escrow reference listing
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Molly was great on this training! I like that the worksheets and other documentation was provided to follow along and assist with quick references. Also loved when Molly called the LE a shopping guide! I have to use that going forward."
- Nell, Gateway Metro Federal Credit Union
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC