Mastercard Debit Card Chargebacks: Rules, Rights & Challenges
StreamedFeb 7, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The chargeback process is riddled with rules and time restrictions.
Don’t risk a loss for your financial institution or cardholder. Learn the ins and outs of debit card chargebacks to protect everyone’s rights.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify transaction data that’s critical to determine chargeback rights
- Describe the “dual-message” type of transaction
- Explain the dispute resolution cycle and timeframes
- Itemize the documents necessary to support a chargeback
- Differentiate fraud from non-fraud chargeback situations
Diana answered your questions from this webinar on the Credit Union Dispatch. Read here!
Mastercard dispute resolution (chargeback) rules are complex. The ability to recover funds from a merchant is mostly based on the authorization’s transaction data. Failure to adhere to the rules and time limits can result in a loss of chargeback rights for your organization, and a potential loss for you or your cardholder.
What information is needed from the cardholder? How do you determine when chargeback rights are available? What happens when you cannot recover funds from the merchant through a chargeback? These questions and many more will be answered during this detailed webinar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for operations professionals that issue Mastercard debit cards. The content is suited for staff responsible for any aspect of your cardholders’ exception claims.
- Sample cardholder dispute form
- Quick reference comparison of Regulation E and Mastercard rules
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This webinar was very informative. I learned new things. The presenter was knowledgeable, and presented with an upbeat tempo. It was easy to follow along with the handouts."
- Karen, NH Postal Credit Union
" She was so excited about all of it, it made my day. I was excited about what I was learning. And she made sense about everything."
-Billie Anne, Peoples Federal Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC