Nonperforming Employees: Managing & Documenting
StreamedJun 21, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Vince Lombardi once said, “If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm!”
Do you have problem employees that could use that advice? This webinar will provide insight into dealing with underperforming and nonperforming employees. You’ll learn about disciplinary documentation, dealing with remote staff, and when it’s time to call an attorney!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Better determine when it’s time to terminate versus rehabilitate
- Effectively document disciplinary action
- Identify potential landmines in termination procedures
- Know when to call an HR attorney
- Understand what’s covered by employment practice liability insurance (EPLI)
- Modify your disciplinary procedures for a remote workforce
Nobody wants to say, “You’re fired,” especially in today’s world of difficult recruiting and excessive employment litigation. Retaining underperforming or nonperforming employees isn’t a viable alternative, but how do you know if it’s really time for an employee to move on or if they can be “saved”? What if they’re a member of a protected class? What if they’re being difficult and threatening litigation? How do you document a termination? This enlightening seminar will look at troubled staff members, ask if they can be saved, and then explain the healthy, compliant, and legal way to exert discipline and possible termination if the answer is “no!”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all supervisors and human resources professionals.
- Sample disciplinary policy
- Call-the-attorney checklist
- Sample performance improvement plan
- Sample termination letter
- Sample termination checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I enjoyed the speaker's enthusiasm and non-legalized way of presenting. The slides and other items will be very helpful!"
- Jeaneil, Members Alliance Credit Union
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC