Opening Accounts Online: CIP, CDD, Documentation & Beneficial Ownership
April 6, 2023
DateApr 6, 2023Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Online account opening is here to stay.
A cascade of regulations apply, including BSA, CIP, CDD, E-SIGN, beneficial ownership, and more. Would you be able to identify a red flag? Are you adept at wading through the documentation? If all this seems like paddling upstream, this webinar will bring smooth sailing.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain and implement the E-SIGN consent process to open accounts online
- Understand which deposit regulations are related to E-SIGN and have compliance provisions
- Use the most-recent BSA guidance to satisfy CIP due diligence requirements
- Define and identify acceptable documents to open accounts and incorporate risk mitigation into the new account process
- Document the requirements for accounts subject to beneficial ownership
Compliance with E-SIGN requirements is one piece of the puzzle to opening accounts online, while knowing the “true identity” of the customer for BSA and CIP completes the process. What additional “out of wallet” questions should be asked when accounts are opened online? How does electronic account opening impact the BSA risk assessment process? Learn about the additional controls needed to protect your financial institution and red flags for reporting suspicious activity. Important requirements will be covered, including:
- CIP required documentation and “reasonable belief” of the identity of the customer
- Risk-mitigation strategies
- Beneficial ownership criteria and documentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will ensure compliance with e-banking and is designed for compliance officers, risk managers, operations managers, business development managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
- Current exam procedures and resources for online banking
- E-SIGN checklist and answers to common questions
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC