Robbery: Prevention, Safety & Current Threats
StreamedNov 1, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Could someone currently be casing your credit union?
What makes one location more favorable than another to a robber? How can you deter robbers from selecting your institution? Every employee can play a role in prevention, and it is critical that all personnel are prepared and trained in the safest response methods. Attendees will learn various approaches used by crooks, how employee observations can be valuable, and essential actions to take following a robbery.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discern recent robbery trends
- Recognize vulnerabilities within your habits and environment
- Realize the importance of safe opening procedures
- Know what to do during a robbery and what to avoid
- Strengthen situational awareness
- Understand your role in prevention
- Identify habits that endanger
- Learn how to reduce risk
“I cased that bank out for about two weeks before I decided to rob it.” These chilling words were spoken by a take-over robber who almost got away with his crime. In this session, we will discuss how the robber planned his heist, why he selected the particular bank he robbed, and how he was ultimately caught.
In this webinar, you’ll learn proven prevention methods and understand the importance of training all employees on how to safely respond to a robbery. Although robbery is one of the most feared crimes for staff, training can often be lacking and uninspired. Robbery training must be dynamic and meaningful with a focus on prevention and recognizing weaknesses that leave you vulnerable. This program will reveal the facts about robberies, address current trends, and provide step-by-step guidelines for effective prevention, safe response, and managing the aftereffects. Everyone must recognize the risks that exist but understand that knowledge and quality training are vital to safely surviving a robbery.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This evergreen topic will benefit all financial institution employees.
- Robber description form
- Before, during, and after a robbery checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Carol S. Dodgen
Dodgen Security Consulting, LLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC