The Top 10 Credit Risks in Agricultural Lending
January 3, 2024
DateJan 3, 2024Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PST01:00 PM MST
02:00 PM CST03:00 PM EST
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Although ag lending has its share of challenges, this recent relatively good stretch is a great time to review risks and credit practices – before anything goes south.
This timely topic will plow through the top 10 credit risks and allow you to provide seed questions in advance. Join us to learn more about how to harvest the opportunities of ag lending.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the national and global drivers of the ag economy in 2024
- Identify the top 10 credit risks in agricultural lending
- Define the management skills necessary to succeed in managing an agricultural enterprise
- Explore the importance of stress testing your agricultural borrowers and agricultural portfolio
- Calculate basic cash-to-accrual adjustments
- Assist borrowers in completing thorough, accurate financial statements
- Estimate realistic family living expenses
The past few years have been relatively good years for agriculture. Yields have been good; strong prices and higher income have allowed agricultural producers to reduce debt. Although good times do not last forever, they are the best opportunity to review and strengthen credit practices so there are no surprises when the next downturn occurs.
This webinar will explore the expectations for the agricultural economy nationally and globally. It will address the top 10 credit risks and practices, including cash versus accrual accounting, accurate financial statements, creating realistic cash flow projections, stress testing, assessing management skills, and more. Whether you are looking for a refresher or are new to ag lending, this program will be a great way to kick off the 2024 renewal season.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO REGISTRANTS:
To customize this webinar, each registrant may submit up to two questions concerning agricultural issues. The most commonly asked questions will be addressed during the live program. Email your questions to Bob at email@example.com by Friday, December 29, 2023, with “Webinar Questions for January 3rd” as the subject line.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for all senior lending officers, loan officers, and credit analysts that are involved in agricultural lending or are interested in expanding into agricultural lending.
- Cash-to-accrual Excel worksheet
- Stress test Excel worksheet
- Family living analysis
- Ag resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC