Your Depositor Has Died: Actions to Take, Mistakes to Avoid
StreamedDec 1, 2021Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
What duties must be performed after an accountholder dies?
Who can access the deposit accounts? What changes can be made? What about taxes, the will, and dealing with the family? If you don’t have all the answers, this is the webinar for you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Review scenarios before you receive Letters Testamentary
- Find and use small estate affidavits
- Know how to pay out POD/ITF accounts
- Follow flowcharts for basic accounts, business accounts, and fiduciary accounts
- Have conversations with family members after death
This program will take you on a journey through all types of deposit accounts and explain how to handle them at death. What are the risks? Can you take names off accounts? What happens with tax reporting? Many legal questions will be asked and answered during this intensive webinar. Join us to learn the actions to take and mistakes to avoid.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations staff, deposit compliance personnel, branch managers, new accounts representatives, and all deposit personnel.
- New accounts manual with flowcharts on death procedures and a summary of how to handle each type of deposit account ownership at death
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC