Deposit Insurance Coverage & Calculation
StreamedDec 6, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
How good are you at calculating deposit insurance?
Simple individual accounts might be easy, but joint accounts can be dicey. Do you know when accounts are added together? Which accounts have separate coverage? What about trusts? Attend this timeless topic to get the goods on properly calculating deposit insurance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Maximize insurance coverage
- Use the NCUA’s deposit insurance calculator
- Define revocable trust account and eligible beneficiary and how membership affects coverage
- Explain how to calculate insurance coverage for multiple ownership types
- Distinguish between accounts that are added together and accounts that have separate coverage
In today’s uncertain economic times, accountholders are increasingly concerned about protecting their hard-earned savings. Your credit union may be offering some of the highest certificate rates in recent times in order to draw in deposits for additional liquidity. Those two factors alone have driven additional interest in ensuring deposits are fully insured. This session will review the different types of account ownership, explain how adding joint owners and beneficiaries increases coverage well beyond $250,000, and review advertising and disclosure requirements for insured accounts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for tellers, account representatives, business development specialists, marketing personnel, call center employees, staff responsible for calculating and reporting insured deposits, compliance personnel, auditors, and anyone with an interest in understanding how to get the most protection for share accounts.
- Sample calculations
- Internet resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC