New Rules Impacting 7a Lending & SBA Update
StreamedJul 25, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
SBA lending is a category unto itself.
Moreover, recently there have been unprecedented changes. With 7a lending changes hot off the press, take this chance to get expert insight into what it means to you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Verify eligibility for SBA loan applicants
- Determine affiliation under the new SBA rules
- Underwrite 7a SBA loans using the new credit underwriting requirements
- Distinguish whether equity injection is required
- Explain the risks involved with financing franchises with SBA loan proceeds
Recently there have been unprecedented changes to the SBA loan programs, including:
- SBA’s final rule on Affiliation and Lending Criteria for the SBA Business Loan Programs took effect on May 11, 2023
- SBA’s rule on Small Business Lending Company (SBLC) Moratorium Rescission and Removal of the Requirement for a Loan Authorization took effect on May 12, 2023
- SBA issued a draft SOP 5010(7) on May 10, 2023, with an effective date of August 1, 2023
The SBA made these changes with the intent of streamlining the program to improve accessibility to more small businesses. However, with change comes uncertainty and usually some unintended consequences. This presentation will highlight the changes to the SBA 7a loan program and address how lenders should prepare to implement them in their small business lending program. It will focus on the new rules around eligibility and affiliation and cover the modifications to change of ownership and equity injection, plus some lesser-known changes to the 7a loan program. In addition, this webinar will explain what changes may need to be made to lenders’ current underwriting and closing processes to more closely align with the new rules and SOPs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for credit union officers, underwriters, loan closers, loan portfolio managers, and loan administrators, as well as any other personnel responsible for origination, closing, and servicing of SBA loans. Basic knowledge about the SBA loan program requirements will be helpful.
- Links to the procedural notices on the new rules, SOPs, and updated SBA loan application forms
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Starfield & Smith, PC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC