Commercial Lending Basics: Risks, Scrutiny, Safeguards, Collateral & More
StreamedOct 24, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Each commercial loan is unique. Who are the parties to the loan and who is authorized or required to sign which documents?
What about security interests on different types of collateral, like marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.? Attend this illuminating webinar to get your commercial lending skills on solid ground.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify parties to the loan
- Use your loan policy to “drive” when offering, underwriting, and monitoring a loan
- Understand loan agreement covenants - beyond boilerplate language
- Perfect your security interest
- Review title insurance policies and identify notable endorsements and exceptions
- Detail subordination agreements, when to get them, what is being subordinated (repayment priority, lien position), and when to ask for subordination of loans to shareholders
- Document commercial construction loans, realizing that a general liability policy does not cover a subcontractor’s faulty workmanship
- Understand compliance requirements and commercial lending hot spots
Commercial loans don’t always follow a “normal” pattern. Each one is unique. These loans carry the most risk and technical requirements and therefore receive enhanced scrutiny from examiners. This program will provide a better understanding of protections and safeguards that need to be put in place when drafting a loan. It will review the documentation for a commercial loan, including collateral security documents. You’ll learn underwriting best practices and how to avoid hazards. This must-attend webinar is for new commercial lenders or current lenders and operations staff seeking to build a strong foundation in commercial loan documentation and compliance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders, loan operations staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Dawn is the greatest at explaining regulatory requirements to the process. Then the handouts and toolkit are very helpful."
- Lisa, Arizona FCU
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
© 2024 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC