Compliance with E-SIGN, E-Statements & E-Disclosures
StreamedAug 30, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Many financial institutions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking programs in violation of E-SIGN.
If caught operating a noncompliant program, every e-statement you’ve ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Regulatory fines and legal costs could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide. Join us to learn more about E-SIGN, e-statement, and e-disclosure compliance, and avoid “e-jeopardy.”
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand and adhere to federal E-SIGN and state UETA requirements
- Adhere to — and disclose — E-SIGN’s mandatory six-step consent process
- Comply with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes
- Create lawful, clear e-disclosures that can be understood and acted upon by any consumer
- Prove accountholders have demonstrated the technological competence to receive e-statements
- Preserve, protect, and produce e-records of accountholders’ affirmative consent
- Respond to the E-SIGN Modernization Act
- Avoid potentially costly consequences of noncompliance
- Train employees to answer consumer questions about E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures
- Implement best practices, expert advice, and compliance tips immediately
Where does your financial institution stand when it comes to E-SIGN, e-statement, and e-disclosure compliance? Are you confident your e-statement program adheres to federal and state laws and industry and government regulations? Do you obey E-SIGN and UETA rules? Is your enrollment process lawful, or are you signing up accountholders in a noncompliant (illegal) fashion? Do you allow accountholders to sign up for e-statements in your lobby? Do your e-disclosures contain the required information, including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit?
With this insightful program, you will learn how to recognize and avoid common legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs. It will answer the most common and pressing questions about E-SIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, affirmative electronic consent, and e-records retention among other important issues. You’ll learn strategies and gain tools to help ensure your E-SIGN, e-statement, e-disclosure program is well managed and complies with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines. Don’t miss it!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must to ensure legally compliant online banking. Legal professionals, compliance officers, risk managers, records managers, online banking personnel, operations managers, business development managers, and others charged with managing electronic banking, E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures, and electronic records will benefit from this program.
- Tip Sheet: Managing E-SIGN, E-Statements & E-Disclosures: Dos & Don’ts to Help Ensure Compliance
- Sample Policy: Record Retention Policy for the Financial Industry
- Whitepaper: Record Retention Rules for the Financial Industry
- Guidelines: Record Retention Guidelines for the Financial Industry
- Sample Policy: Confidential & Sensitive Information Policy for the Financial Industry
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Outstanding presentation, very thorough with great material that we can refer back to."
- Gary, TruWest Credit Union
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC