Marijuana Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
StreamedAug 2, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Effective marijuana policy and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management.
This webinar is designed to help financial institutions understand, prepare for, and manage marijuana use (at home and in the office) in compliance with policy, best practices, and the law.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand marijuana risks and enforce marijuana rules and regulations
- Create and enforce best practices-based marijuana policy and procedures
- Manage employee marijuana use at the financial institution and at home
- Approach employee and applicant testing strategically—or risk losing valuable staff and new hires
- Comply with federal, state, and city laws governing medical and recreational use
- Accommodate medical use to stave off discrimination lawsuits and disability claims
- Understand how state medical marijuana programs (MMPs) operate
- Comply with ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Comp, and the Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Recognize and respond to suspected impairment on the job
- Manage employee expectations, productivity, and safety
- Keep pace with evolving marijuana legislation, including delta-8 THC
Is your financial institution prepared to manage legalized marijuana use by remote, hybrid, and onsite employees? Are you familiar with your state’s medical marijuana program (MMP)? As the march toward nationwide marijuana legalization continues, you can’t afford to leave cannabis compliance to chance. Employers are increasingly challenged by marijuana use by staff and job applicants during and after working hours. While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states and cities are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use. Regardless of where your state and city stand, now is the time to address the risks and challenges posed by employees’ and applicants’ marijuana use.
Join us for an understanding of policy-related issues and procedures for employees and job candidates. Learn why and how to implement best practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal, state, and city laws. Attend to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana policy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance will benefit.
- Whitepaper, Marijuana Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Marijuana Rules: Guidelines for Creating Effective Cannabis Policy & Procedures
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC