Supervisory Priorities 2023
StreamedMar 21, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
ALERT! Fallout From the March 10, 2023, Silicon Valley Bank Failure Begins
Congress is looking for more regulation and the NCUA is keeping a close eye on the FDIC as regulators consider changes to the examination process in the wake of finger pointing and second guessing. Join us for a snapshot of what we know right now and receive practical guidance to prepare for added regulatory scrutiny.
Regular examinations are a simple fact of life for all financial institutions. But does that mean you are powerless to influence the process? No! Focused preparation based on a keen understanding of the process will reduce the attendant frustrations and fear. This webinar will explain how to navigate the exam as well as the best available strategies to present your business plan and mission to examiners.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the focus of NCUA examinations in 2023
- Appreciate the impact of the 2023 supervisory priorities
- Employ improved examination preparation strategies
- Access more examination resources
- Appreciate the MERIT examination system
- Discuss the ripple effects of the recent SVB failure from Wall Street to Main Street
Watch out! Your examination team has a new set of marching orders and an increased operating budget. This year’s guidance focuses extensively on interest rate risks and liquidity concerns, but there are other important elements to be incorporated into your risk strategies. Big or small, well run or not, every credit union will undergo regular and rhythmical examinations. The NCUA exam modernization initiative is making substantial changes to the examination experience.
Are you prepared? Fortunately, this is an open-book exam! A well-prepared credit union can reduce stress and increase exam efficiency, which puts you in a position to tell your story effectively rather than defending every operational decision and accounting entry from the rigors of a “safety and soundness” review.
Imagine being able to maximize the examination cycle rather than dread it. Join credit union attorney and examination veteran, David Reed, as he guides you through the new technology and examination strategies that will help you thrive during the next examination. From available resources to a review of the new examination software, this is a must-attend webinar for every institution.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, directors, Supervisory Committee members, managers, compliance staff, audit staff, and anyone involved with the examination process.
- NCUA 2023 supervisory priorities
- Regulatory guidance on exam modernization
- Checklist of NCUA resources
- Glossary of NCUA acronyms
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Content and information provided was extremely informative and helpful. The delivery of content was articulated extremely well."
- Cheryl, Valley Federal Credit Union
"The presenter is a well-respected, nationally-known speaker who is able to explain difficult concepts using "layman, matter-of-fact" terms that both new and seasoned compliance professionals fully understand. He adds a light side as well while ensuring the seriousness and criticality of the subject are not forgotten."
- Mark, Hawaii Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC