Reg E & the Electronic Fund Transfer Act
StreamedOct 6, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Regulation E governs a wide range of products, including ACH, EFT, ATM, debit cards, gift cards, and more.
Knowing the overall rules is not enough. Do you understand the error resolution process? Who is liable when things go wrong and how is that determined? This webinar will teach you the related EFT compliance requirements, including lesser-known prohibitions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine a consumer’s liability for unauthorized transfers
- Define unauthorized transaction and access devices
- Explain the procedures and timeframes for error resolution
- Distinguish between solicited and unsolicited issuance of an access device
- Decide whether an advance change in terms notice is required
- Understand the requirements for international remittances
Person-to-person/business transfers are just the latest in a long line of emerging electronic fund transfers. ATMs, ACH, home banking, bill payer, debit cards, and mobile banking are all covered by Regulation E. This webinar will explore the rights and liabilities of consumers and financial institutions, including issuing an access device, disclosures, error resolution, and everything in between. You will learn about error resolution timeframes and common mistakes. It will also touch on the required disclosures for international remittances, gift cards, payroll card accounts, and a couple lesser-known prohibitions and compliance requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit anyone involved with ATM and debit cards, other EFT services, error resolution/consumer complaints, fraud, compliance, and audits.
- Coverage chart
- Error resolution cheat sheet
- List of internet resources
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"The speaker was knowledgeable and all of the information that was presented was relevant and useful."
- Biddieya, CarolinasLeague
Compliance Plus, Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC