New Policy Statement on CRE Accommodations & Workouts
StreamedSep 18, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Are you aware of the new interagency policy statement that affects CRE workouts?
Join collections consultant and compliance attorney David Reed as he explores the new guidance, provides an overview of the negative factors impacting CRE, and offers real-time solutions and best practices to reduce risk and maintain the health and vitality of your commercial loan portfolio. The time to assess risk and develop a proactive commercial solution is now!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the primary factors feeding the commercial real estate (CRE) storm
- Create a commercial lending collections process
- Evaluate commercial loans to determine basic risk components
- Use recent guidance to tighten up commercial lending workouts
- Modify CRE collections and workout policies
- Control the risk better with commercial real estate defaults
Regulators recently issued a policy statement to update previous commercial lending guidance, reinforce the message that financial institutions should work prudently and constructively with creditworthy commercial borrowers experiencing financial difficulties, and clarify that such a message applies in all stages of the economic cycle. While the guidance applies to all commercial loans, there is little doubt that commercial real estate loans are the central element of their focus.
Although commercial lending is a great way to be more involved in your community, you should pay attention to the clouds on the horizon. Many urban centers are experiencing greater than 20% commercial vacancy rates and the growing utilization of the hybrid work environment continues to keep workers out of traditional offices. Add to that increasing interest rates and almost $1.5 trillion in commercial loans coming due by 2025 and you have the makings of a crisis! Are your CRE values dropping? Is commercial insurance taking a bigger bite out of the bottom line? Have the rents commanded by premier commercial space plummeted? Join this program to gain expert insight.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, board members, CFOs, lending managers, commercial lending staff, collections managers, collections staff, and anyone interested in their commercial real estate portfolio.
- Sample commercial real estate workout policy
- CRE collections worksheet
- Regulatory guidance
- Commercial real estate foreclosure checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed
Reed & Jolly, PLLC
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC