Commercial Lending: Risks, Rewards, Controls & Common Mistakes
June 23, 2022
DateJun 23, 2022Duration90 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your institution
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Take-away toolkit
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited and shareable access
two business days after live streaming
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Lenders and credit analysts only have one chance to make a good loan decision or face time-consuming and costly consequences.
Are your commercial lending practices safe and sound?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the nine steps in the commercial lending process financial institutions should follow to obtain the type of borrowers they seek
- Specify the unique risks associated with commercial lending
- Understand the impact and benefits of commercial lending to financial institutions
- Discover the impact of commercial lending to the national, state, and local economies and why regulators encourage financial institutions to support individuals and small companies
- Avoid common mistakes during the underwriting and decision-making processes
Interest and fee income from commercial loans represent a primary source of revenue for financial institutions. The continued flow of capital from loans drives our national and local economies. In addition, regulators encourage institutions to support individuals and small businesses by lending to creditworthy borrowers. This is proven by the interagency guidance issued during the height of the worldwide pandemic. Therefore, thorough credit analysis is paramount before loan decisions are made.
This webinar will address the role of financial institutions as arbiters of risk in supporting the economy while making safe and sound loans in compliance with regulatory requirements. Sometimes, these objectives conflict with each other. This session will present the risks, rewards, control factors, and common mistakes made during commercial underwriting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for credit analysts, branch managers, consumer lenders, commercial lenders, loan review personnel, senior loan officers, senior credit officers, and credit administration personnel.
- A list and summation of the nine steps in the commercial lending process
- Summary of the seven habits of effective credit administration
- Outline of the common mistakes made during credit underwriting
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Bankers Insight Group
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC